If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
Location: London - Lombard Street Office (hybrid)
Employment Type: 12 month contract
This role provides a unique opportunity to join our Responsible Investment team and be part of shaping and delivering SJP’s climate strategy across our investment proposition.
This is a key role within the RI team, with responsibility to ensure SJP continues to build out climate principles in our process, monitoring and research, gain access and utilise climate data and provide expert subject matter support to the wider division. The role is well suited for an individual who is driven, committed to make a difference and has previous experience in climate/ responsible investment.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the design and delivery of our investment proposition climate strategy within the Responsible Investment Team
- Help to embed climate factors within our fund manager selection, monitoring and research process.
- Responsible for climate-related engagement activities, such as through collective action groups, fund managers and our engagement overlay service provider
- Work closely with the investment team to optimise the use of climate data in internal analytics and visualisations.
- Support the delivery of climate related regulation such as TCFD entity and product and client facing carbon emissions reporting.
What we are looking for:
- Prior experience in responsible investment and climate change, plus a working understanding of the asset management industry.
- Needs strong analytical skills and ability to create investment focused frameworks and processes.
- Attention to detail to ensure projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Proficient using ESG and climate related data and systems (e.g Carbon Emissions data) and can interpret key metrics for other teams/ non-technical team members to use.
- Proficient excel skills and working knowledge of visualisation software such as Power BI preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with others, influence and drive change given the large-scale integration program of embedding climate within multiple teams and processes
- Driven and committed individual who wants to make a difference and be a key player within the responsible investment team
- Advocate of divisional values of teamwork, energy and openness
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition