If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
Location: Cirencester Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Working in the central Data Quality team, the role holder will be directly responsible for managing the relationship between the Chief Data Office Data Quality Team and one of five key data domains, driving the adoption of Data Quality Management standards and policies and ensuring that data quality improvement initiatives are prioritised, effectively implemented and the benefits realised.
What you’ll be doing:
- To shape and deliver a domain specific data quality strategy, ensuring that this is aligned to the corporate data quality management framework and to the domain or divisional business plan.
- To provide ongoing insight Into the roll-out of system functionality and ensure that any domain data quality related risks or Issues are effectively represented and managed.
- To Influence the development of system and platforms to ensure that domain data requirements are correctly prioritised, fully understood and accurately delivered.
- Consider data from both a Data Owner and Data Consumer perspective.
- Have a deep understanding of domain data issues, their impact on business outcomes and potential root causes.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of data related business processes, particularly those relating to the capture or creation and maintenance of data.
- Be the chief liaison between the central Data Quality team and the data domain, providing insight into the nature of domain data quality issues and support for the prioritisation of remedial activity.
- Work with the corporate data governance team to shape the central data governance framework, and ensure that the represented data domain, has an appropriate voice within it.
- Represent the data domain on projects which have an impact on data to ensure the delivery of good business outcomes for clients, partners and SJP.
- Consider the impact on domain data quality that may arise from business changes, regulatory updates, and corporate projects, and put in place actions to manage these effectively.
- Establish effective and influential relationships with key stakeholders.
- Be aware of domain and corporate data risks and present and implement effective mitigations as required.
Who we’re looking for:
- A data enthusiast, passionate about data accuracy, consistency, validity, integrity, and the value that excellent data delivers to the organisation.
- A highly competent stakeholder and relationship manager, capable of fostering mutually beneficial relationships across multiple business areas.
- Familiar with Data Management and Governance principles
- Would ideally have practical experience in using a suite of data management and Intelligence tools to measure data quality across a range of dimensions.
- Specific technical knowledge of the SalesForce platform and its strategic development roadmap.
- Have the ability to interpret data and reports about data to identify issues for remediation and prevention
- Restlessly curious, tenacious and delivery focussed.
- Some Business Travel will be necessary
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition