If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
Location: UK Based / hybrid options
Financial Services Experience required.
The main purpose of this role is to support the analysis of screening alerts produced by the Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) systems and any FCP related investigations. This plays a part in ensuring SJP complies with legal and regulatory rules, guidance and industry best practice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing and investigating any screening alerts produced by the FCP systems (Screening and Transaction Monitoring) as required, utilising other SJP systems (such as the Respond case management system) and liaising with the Partnership as necessary.
- Performing risk and impact assessments and investigations utilising subject matter expertise, industry trends, emerging financial crime risks and data analytics.
- Escalating any matters that arise directly to the FCP Operations and Investigations Manager.
- Reviewing, investigating and implementing actions on Suspicious Activity Reports and in relation to allegations of Fraud.
- Conducting reviews and investigations into Mortgage fraud cases where the Lender has raised concerns as to the quality of the business introduced.
- Correctly and appropriately recording all FCPT cases on Respond (case management system) ensuing the diary/task system is utilised where appropriate.
Who we’re looking for:
A candidate with Financial Services experience and ideally having worked in a similar role, along with the following skills:
- Awareness and understanding of FCP systems, JMLSG Guidance and connecting AML Legislation.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, good time management, prioritization and organizational skills and ability to cope with urgent and fluctuating workloads.
- Strong analytical skills utilised in reviewing screening alerts and strong decision making skills to determine the right course of action.
- Strong investigative skills to determine typology of suspicion, the financial crime risk attached to certain politically exposed jobs and the root cause analysis of any fraudulent activity across the business.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, understanding the need for diplomacy and confidentiality.
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition