If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
The main purpose of this role is To process the transfer of Partners and Advisers within the St. James’s Place Partnership, following the Company and Regulatory procedures and guidelines.
What you’ll be doing:
Holding day-to-day responsibility for transfer cases, which typically involve one of the following scenarios:
- An Adviser transferring between two Partner practices.
- A Partner transferring to become an Adviser in another Partner practice.
- An Adviser transferring to establish a new Partner practice.
- A Mortgage Adviser transferring to become an Adviser.
- A Partner or Adviser from one of our Asia Locations transferring to a UK Location.
- Answering initial enquiries and providing guidance to relevant stakeholders of the key steps in the process.
- Complete the relevant processes from the initial enquiry through to the final completion of the transfer, continually monitoring and reviewing cases, liaising with key stakeholders.
- Using the FCA Connect system to submit the relevant online forms to the FCA to apply for the relevant approvals.
Who we’re looking for:
A process driven administrator with the following skills:
- A methodical and highly organised approach, ability to prioritise effectively with an excellent eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ideally some knowledge and experience of working in a regulatory role within financial services, although this is not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel – applied knowledge of systems including Salesforce, Financial Services Register, Companies House, Land Registry, CreditSafe and Equifax would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders, interacting with other divisions within the Group.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team with a can-do attitude and the desire to go the extra mile when required
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition