If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Cirencester Head Office 2 days per week & 3 days remote.
The Scrum Master role will serve one or more Scrum teams and protect them from any distractions and remove impediments that could prevent them from completing sprint goals. The Scrum Master will create an environment that is responsive to change, in which Scrum teams can be self-organising to deliver high quality product increments.
The Scrum Master will have significant Agile experience with a proven track record of delivering multiple products using Scrum or Kanban and exposure working as a Junior Scrum Master.
Working with the Agile Coach, the Scrum Master will educate Scrum teams in Agile and Scrum values and principles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate one or more Scrum teams – setting up Scrum ceremonies and hosting them (Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective);
- Ensure that each Scrum team adheres to the practices of Scrum and provide the best environment for each Scrum team to achieve success, including coaching on the Scrum framework;
- Create the right environment for Scrum team members to be open and honest in the Daily Scrum meeting and Sprint Retrospective;
- Ensure collaborative working amongst Scrum team members;
- Remove impediments raised in the Daily Scrum meeting to ensure progress;
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the product backlog is in good order;
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the product vision and roadmap is on track;
- Ensure that the Scrum team are using and updating JIRA™ and Confluence™ appropriately and in a timely manner;
- Work with the Agile Coaches, other Scrum Masters and Product Owners to improve the Scrum framework at SJP.
Who we’re looking for:
- Facilitation and motivation of one or more Scrum teams, providing support, guidance and assistance, as required to meet project objectives and Agile and Scrum values and principles;
- Mentoring of Junior Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Scrum team members, both onshore and offshore, observing the way they work and providing them with feedback and means for improvement.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Agile frameworks, Scrum theory and practices;
- Strong knowledge of waterfall methodologies;
- Scrum Master certified;
- Working knowledge of JIRA™ and Confluence™.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition