If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
Location: Cirencester Office
Employment Type: 12 month Fixed-Term Contract
This person will act as strategic lead Business Partner for multiple senior Stakeholders on all matters relating to financial management and reporting of management expenses. They will also manage a team of qualified accountants and deputise for the Director of Group Expense Management. This role requires a commercial and resilient accounting professional with proven leadership skills and the confidence and capability to challenge senior Directors.
What you’ll be doing:
- Finance strategic lead for multiple SJP Directors providing effective expense guidance and challenge on expense base.
- Interpretation of financial reporting to support Director decision making on expense management.
- Enable Directors to make decisions within their expense base to ensure they meet strategic objectives.
- Oversight of the Budget, Reforecast and Monthly reporting completed by direct reports for all relevant Divisions, and understand cost base in context with the rest of the company.
- Be the Finance lead on all Development spend (£100m) managing the reporting with supporting analysis to enable decisions on the expense base to be made monthly.
- Lead cross collaboration between Finance and other teams ensuring budgeted financials are challenged appropriately.
- Lead and manage tracking of cost savings as a result of strategic investments.
- Manage, lead, and develop a team of professionally qualified individuals.
Who we’re looking for:
- Accounting or other relevant financial qualification with minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience (eg ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.)
- Extensive knowledge/experience of expense management practices, including Budgeting, re-forecasting.
- Able to take financial information and articulate it to a broad range of audiences, from general budget holders to senior Directors.
- Have a complete understanding of business activities across the Group and SJP’s strategic direction and how these are reflected in the expense base.
- Have an excellent understanding of the wider SJP Business Model.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Governance structure of the expense base and ensure that risks and decisions are raised appropriately.
- Able to provide a direct solution to an immediate problem or a range of solutions to a strategic or longer-term problem.
- Line Management of a team of qualified individuals aligned to SJP’s people management approach.
- Effective, clear, and relevant communication at all levels.
- Able to deliver corporate messaging on expense management both at simple level for easy interpretation but also within the context of the SJP strategy.
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition