If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
Location: Cirencester/hybrid working (2 days p/wk in Cirencester office)
Employment Type: 6 month Fixed-Term Contract
Main purpose of the role:
We’re seeking an experienced project manager to join our Responsible Business (RB) team on a 6-month fixed term contract basis.
You’ll provide project and programme management, oversight and governance to a range of exciting company-wide projects and initiatives that support SJPs Responsible Business Framework and approach, ensuring the business can achieve its responsible business objectives and outcomes.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll maintain a portfolio of projects across the Responsible Business department, Corporate Affairs & People division and wider organisation.
- You’ll build relationships with key partners regarding the successful delivery of programmes and projects.
- Ensure all RB projects and initiatives are aligned to the overarching Responsible Business Framework and sit coherently within a joined up ‘one company’ plan that aligns to the wider corporate strategy.
- Coordinate resource across the department where necessary to ensure projects are successfully delivered within agreed budget and timescales.
Who we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of developing, leading and managing programmes and portfolios of projects, activities, initiatives and projects.
- Experience from within financial services or other regulated sectors is an advantage.
- Excellent stakeholder management capability.
- Strong understanding of the commercial business case for responsible business.
- Highly developed communication skills, with an excellent ability to influence and negotiate internally and regularly at higher levels of the organisation.
- Skilled at motivating and empowering teams of stakeholders and business leads across a range of projects and initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to evaluate based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations, taking diverse perspectives into consideration.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to engage others and seek alternative perspectives.
- Some business travel including external conferences/events will be required.
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition