If the link to apply for no longer works this may be because the job opportunity has closed early. We occasionally close vacancies early due to high volumes of applications. We would therefore recommend you complete your application prior to the closing date which is for guidance only.
Location: Cirencester Office / Bristol / London
The role will need 2-3 days in the office in either Cirencester, Bristol or London. If London based, some travel to Cirencester will be required (c 1 day per week).
Employment Type: 12 month Fixed-Term Contract
The main purpose of this role is to support the cycle of ExBo strategy meetings, provide strategic input to agenda setting and prepare for effective meetings throughout the year. You will be required to lead strategic projects and support ExBo on the development of the medium term strategy by preparing papers for discussion.
You will be a thought leader in the organisation, encouraged to challenge the status quo, problem solve and build a deep understanding through broad curiosity about the client, Partnership, industry and competitors.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the development and maintenance of our strategy by preparing papers on strategic topics for ExBo.
- Taking a leading role in cross functional strategic projects.
- Bringing together internal and external insights to assess SJP business performance and guide formation of strategy.
- When necessary, support business units in developing operational plans that align to the corporate strategy.
- Working alongside the communications team, leading the plan to communicate our strategy to employees across the business.
- Communicating the strategy and business plan to key stakeholder groups (e.g. at divisional meetings and team meetings).
Who we’re looking for: A self-motivated, strategic thinker with experience working with senior level stakeholders and the following:
- A broad understanding of the wealth management industry, key competitors and the regulatory environment, an in-depth understanding of SJP’s business model, strategy and key priorities.
- Proven ability to build strong, productive relationships at all levels of seniority across the business and the confidence to constructively challenge when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly communicate complex information and insights to people at all levels of seniority and of all specialisms.
- Ability to structure a problem, carry out analysis of large quantities of information and provide recommendations for the most appropriate solutions.
- Ability to prepare senior level reports for ExBo and the Board, and sometimes be asked to present your reports.
We know that everyone works best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is different, and at different stages within their career. Recognising this, we have introduced a hybrid working policy to provide greater flexibility for part-time work, job-sharing, remote working, and flexibility on hours. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- *Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy and additional up to 5 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
*Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in UK.
SJP are delighted to have signed The Armed Forces Covenant, and we are active members of LGBT Great, 30% club, The Diversity Project, Disability Confident and more! Find out more: https://www.sjp.co.uk/careers/life-at-sjp
We understand it’s important to be proud of the company you work for, that’s why we’re proud to share with you some of our recent awards:
- Wealth Manager of the Year – Growth Investor Awards 2021
- Best Wealth Manager – Shares Awards 2021
- Championing LGBTQ Inclusion - Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards 2020
- Top 75 Employer - Social Mobility Foundation Employer Index 2021
To find out more visit: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-us/our-awards-and-recognition