At Patchwork Hub, we have guidelines that you must meet when posting a job. As part of these guidelines, there are certain sections that should be included in your job advert. Including these sections will help you to meet our guidelines.
- Official job title.
- The department it is in.
- Information about the organisation.
- Key responsibilities.
- Whether it is full time or part time.
- Working hours.
- The kind of individual you are looking for.
- Describe the department they will work in.
- Description of your organisation.
- The kind of work they will do
- Experience they will gain.
- Key skills.
Focus on what should be achieved in the job rather than how it should be achieved.
- For example, putting ‘must be able to touch type’ as a criteria. This does not say why this is essential and is immediately exclusionary.
- Instead, replace this with ‘you will need to produce accurate reports using a word processing package’. This means that anyone who uses voice-activated software can now apply and demonstrate their ability to do the role.
- Tell us about a time you demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- How have you shown that you can work well in a team?
- An email address.
- Phone number.
- Postal address.
- Social media pages.
- External website.